Unmessify is an app that aims to make the hostel mess… less of a mess.
The current version gives you a convenient user interface to check the mess menu and stay on top of announcements.
It was originally made in under 24 hours during a hackathon with a wider scope, by me (Kanishka Chakraborty) and my friend Teesha Saxena (go check out her website). The app continues to be developed as new features are requested and bugs are reported. Feedback is highly appreciated.
Download: Direct APK from Google Drive
Version 1.2.2 (Latest)
– Day selector now scrolls automatically to keep selected day visible.
– Tapping and holding on a day in the day selector now shows the full day name.
– Other minor UI tweaks.
– Fixed UI colors for Android versions lower than 12.
– Improved Announcements screen UI.
– Drastically sped up app launch times.
– Added Announcements screen.
– Added manual sync option.
– Added C Block support.
– Changed the signing key. (users from 1.1.0 and earlier will have to reinstall the app; this key will be used going forward)
– Removed “Wastage Statistics” placeholder.
– Tons of other bug fixes and improvements…
– Menu UI overhauled: you can now swipe between days.
– More optimization and bug fixes.
– Fixed some logout related errors.
– Improved some aspects of the UI.
– Fixed a typo in the login screen.
– Initial public release.
Disclaimers and Legalese:
Kaffeine and its subsidiaries, the developer(s) and the publisher(s) (henceforth referred to as We) shall not be held accountable for any losses incurred due to usage of this app by You (the user). The Service (Unmessify) is provided as is. The mess menu may change without prior notice and while We do our best to ensure the Service remains up-to-date, You should note that We do not get priority access to the menus and the Service may be rendered out-of-date at any point. We provide the Service for Your convenience alone, and We may at any point stop maintaining the Service due to any reason. The Service may be interrupted or terminated due to Force Majeure, lack of funding, or any other reason and We shall not be held liable in any such case.